Friday, March 19, 2010

My Background

My love of singing came at a very young age. I looked for every opportunity to sing I could get, just for the sake of being able to sing. I was in every school choir, musical, and singing group I could possibly be in. No one was shocked when I chose to major in vocal performance in college.

I have done numerous vocal performances, over the years, including as a soloist in several Messiah performances. I attended Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX as a vocal scholarship recipient and I studied under Dr. Deborah Dalton. I participated in NATS competitions, sang in operas, and performed in audition choirs. I am also a former member of the Utah Symphony Chorus. I have served as the ward choir director several times and I LOVED it! My most recent public performance was last summer at the Manti Miracle Pageant on the Manti Temple grounds. I was chosen to sing the Star Spangled Banner on the night with the most attendance. It was a wonderful experience. Not a bad gig for a stay at home mom of 4. To see a video of that performance, click here.

No comments: